Avocado Smashed Baby Potatoes
This is one of those dishes that I thought was inspired. I mean, avocados are buttery, full of healthy fats, creamy, etc… What could be better? I had a couple of teeny avocados from my FFTY box this week and some baby potatoes – I figured I’d give it a shot. And it was everything that I thought it could be. The potatoes were infused with buttery avocado goodness, and it was a snap to prepare.
But… Of course there’s a but, right? Mr. Man’s response was pretty much a “could I have less potatoes in my avocados next time?”. Which was as cute as it was annoying – since I didn’t really have enough avocados to make it be the side at dinner. Avocados are one of his most favorite things evah though, so I guess I can forgive him this time.
- 1 lb Red Potatoes
- 1 large Avocado; peeled and seeded
- 3 strips of cooked bacon; cut in to very small ribbons
- 4 Green Onions; finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbs Butter
- Kosher Salt
- Place the potatoes in a pot of well salted water with about an inch or so of water above them.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Return the pan to the stove, and melt the butter
- Add the garlic and green onions and heat until softened
- Return the potatoes to the pot along with the avocado
- Smoosh together with a masher or a heavy spoon, leaving some chunks
- Stir in the bacon and additional kosher salt to taste.