Mango Avocado Salsa
I received several avocados and mangoes in this week’s FFTY box. The avocados are never truly a problem, since I know that left to his own devices, Mr. Man would eat Avocados for breakfast, lunch and dinner – and probably have an extra one or two for snacks – I had some ideas for the mangoes, but – unfortunately, I had spaced on the fact that I had them until today, and upon opening the bag they were in, discovered that they were ALL ripe and ready to eat – one of the downsides to keeping them in a brown paper bag… out of sight, out of mind.
Fortunately, they were fairly smallish Mangoes, so I was able to use them up in one meal. I started out with four – and used three of them making a Mango puree to use in the entree – Mango Glazed Pork Tenderloin. The fourth, I used in this salsa to serve with the tenderloin, although – next time I think I’ll make it to serve with CHIPS. Or maybe I’ll just grab a spoon and eat it straight from the bowl.
- 2 small Avocados (or 1 large); peeled and cut in to 1/2″ chunks
- 1 small Mango (or 1/2 a large); peeled and cut in to 1/2″ chunks
- 1/2 small Onion; finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic; finely minced
- 2 tbs Italian Parsley; finely minced
- 1 tbs Fresh Basil; finely minced
- 1 tbs Fresh Mint; finely minced
- 3 tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Habanero Hot Sauce (or to taste)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Serve immediately with chips (or with Mango Glazed Pork Tenderloin, if desired)