Sausage and Kale Frittata
The Farm Fresh box came last night, and of course, I had to make something with it as soon as possible. I decided to use the Kale in this Frittata for breakfast this morning – although, after I was (of course) committed to it, I realized that this Kale was the sweetest Kale I’d ever tasted – and I really should have saved it to use in a salad (yes, a salad – it was seriously that good!) At any rate, this Frittata came out excellent – and I couldn’t be happier with the picture really either. (Except for if I figured out how to stop the shadow of the lens to stop showing up in the picture!) This recipe is ideal for a large group (or planned leftovers, which is what I’m doing) As an added bonus, this recipe is dead-easy.
- 12 eggs
- 2 c. Cheddar
- 1/2 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1 bunch of Kale; stems removed and torn in to pieces
- 1 cup sliced Crimini Mushrooms
- 4 tbls water
- 2 tbls Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Preheat Broiler
- In a large, oven safe saute pan, brown and crumble the sausage
- When sausage is completely browned, push to one side to clear an area. Add the mushrooms to the clear area.
- Saute the mushrooms until tender
- Add the kale and stir to combine
- Let that cook, stirring occasionally, until kale turns bright green and becomes tender – 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scramble the eggs with the water and roasted garlic.
- Stir the cilantro in to the egg mixture
- Pour egg mixture over kale mixture
- Cook eggs over medium heat until edges is set, but the center is still liquidy
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the eggs
- Place under broiler. Cook until eggs are set and cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.