Creamy White Bean Dip
Last night Mr. Man and I were starting in on a new television series, Torchwood. Since we had just finished catching up to current episodes on Dr. Who, it seemed reasonable to switch to this. Dr. Who is one of those shows we watch as a whole family, so we watched the first episode with Miss Thing, but decided fairly quickly in that it wasn’t really a family show, if you know what I mean. So while she was getting ready for bed, I puttered around in the kitchen and made Mr. Man and myself a snack to eat while we were watching the show.
This bean dip was inspired by the fact that I wanted something creamy, but I’m still pretty oogie getting over my cold, so I didn’t want DAIRY. It really fits the bill nicely in that regard. I served this right away, but the leftovers were even better than the first pass, so for better flavor, I recommend refrigerating for atleast a couple of hours. And, as in my guacamole recipe, this is designed more to be a guide, done to taste.
- 1 – 15 oz can White Beans
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp of my Homemade Hotsauce or other green hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Better than Bullion Beef
- In a food processor, puree Beans and Garlic until smooth
- Add remaining ingredients, to taste, and puree until smooth
- Refrigerate for 2 or more hours for best flavor
- Serve with Corn Chips or Crudites