Creamy Chanterelle Soup
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Cottage Cheese*
- 1 Quart Beef Broth
- 1 lb Chanterelle Mushrooms*, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup White Wine; divided
- 1 tsp Beef Bouillon*
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 tbls Soy Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian Parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Using a stick blender, in a medium sized saucepan, puree the cottage cheese with a small amount of broth until (mostly) smooth.
- Add remaining broth, sour cream, Heavy whipping Cream and bouillon and gently start to heat on low, stirring occasionally.
- Saute Onions in the Olive Oil. Allow to carmelize just a little bit before adding the garlic.
- Stir sauted onion and garlic in to Cream mixture.
- Using the same pan from the onions, saute the Chanterelle mushrooms. (In batches if neccessary)
- Once Chanterelles are cooked, add 1 tbls of the white wine to the saute pan.
- Add Chanterelles to the cream mixture.
- Stir in Soy Sauce, remaining White wine, and kosher salt to taste.
- Just before serving, stir in Italian Parsley.
*Notes: The cottage cheese could probably be substituted for cream cheese or even more sour cream, if you don’t have a stick blender or don’t have cottage cheese. For the bouillon, I used Better than bouillon Beef base, not the dried cubes. If using the dried cubes (not recommended), reconstitute first in some of the beef broth. Other mushrooms would work nearly as well, if chanterellles are not available.